Tuesday, March 24, 2009

'ROUND MIDNIGHT, SOLO GUITAR ARRANGEMENT

Here's my first attempt at a video of me playing guitar. I've shot it upside down, so guitarists can see the neck as if they were playing. (some people like instructional videos done this way-- let me know if you love it or hate it, because I'm going to be doing many more of these and I want viewers to be happy!)






this is a sketch for my upcoming session with Jack O'Dell and Johnny Castle. I plan to record this Monk tune, plus some new originals featuring a lot of guitar.
here's a link to another version of this, which is better in some ways, and I wrote more about how I got the sound, etc.
karlstraubcountryguitar.blogspot.com/2009/03/monks-round-midnight-on-telecaster.html

1 comment:

  1. Karl - it just sounds better on an archtop - I like Greg lamy rendition -Ray Manley

    ReplyDelete