Friday, March 27, 2009

PRIVATE LESSONS ON VIDEO

I now have the technology to record myself playing guitar on video, and send it to you in an email. You can then watch it on your computer, or even put it on your Ipod/Iphone.

If you're interested in doing a "virtual lesson" where I record short musical examples on video, please email me at karlstraub@hotmail.com to discuss what you're looking for, and how much it will cost.

A video lesson done this way could be structured in a variety of ways, just like a regular in-person lesson. Examples-- I could play a lick you're trying to learn, or a solo from a record. I could also show how I might improvise in various styles, or over a certain chord progression, etc.
Please note-- it doesn't have to be shot in the "point-of-view" angle. Some people find that camera angle offputting-- I can shoot it traditional style if needed. (If you are going to put it on your Ipod, you can have your cake and eat it too, though, because you can just hold the Ipod upside down.)

PLEASE NOTE-- virtually all levels/styles can be accomodated. I don't have any beginner stuff on here, but I teach beginners all the time and I can certainly provide some beginner info if anyone wants it. There are tons of guitar books out there for beginners, but these are often lacking in helpful tips about practicing, what to work on based on your musical interests, etc. If anyone wants me to tailor some beginner material to fit their interests, I'd be happy to do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment